Along the path of cultures
Project name: Along the path of cultures
Project duration period: 1. 1. 2015–30. 6. 2015
Funding value: 19,634.60 eur
Funding sources: the European Fund for the Integration of Third-Country Nationals and the Ministry of the Interior
Summary (project goals and purpose)
Within the project we implemented the programmes of encouraging intercultural dialogue with the third-country nationals. The main objectives of the programme were: cooperation between different cultures and national identities, promoting a tolerant, respectful attitude, and cultural differences, promoting ethnic diversity, tolerance and intercultural dialogue among different target groups.
- Slightly less than 1,150 participants, volunteers and performers were included.
- We implemented the following activities: workshops for social skills and support for the participants (guidance, weekly meetings, employment corner), Our literature and culture, Food connects people, Art creates bonds, Getting to know the local environment, Benches connect people, and Two evenings of intercultural dialogue.
- Welcome signs in 22 languages and 52 different flags
- Photographic exhibition Food connects people
- Degustation of cross-cultural dishes
- Recipe booklet Food connects people
- Functioning of the study circle Art creates bonds
- We carried out a hike on Trška Gora, an excursion to Kostanjevica na Krki and Pleterje, and a sightseeing tour of Novo mesto.
- We carried out two intercultural evenings
- We renovated 32 benches along Župančičevo sprehajališče in Novo mesto within the topic of interculturalism.
- Evaluation report
- Project video
The project manager was Maja Regina, and it was coordinated by Barbara Hudoklin. Further information about the project is available at email@example.com.