Support parents in protecting their children from excessive exposure to the Internet: prevention and measures
- 11. 2020–30. 4. 2023
Purpose of the project:
The aim of the project is to design, develop, test, evaluate and promote tools to support parents (main target groups) and adult educators when dealing with excessive internet or computer activity and to help them turn their behaviour into healthier habits, thus improving their social lives and reducing social exclusion.
- Highlight pre-existing prevention programmes, good practices, policies, etc. at regional, national and EU level by developing an interactive tool based on Google Maps.
- Create innovative, motivational, and awareness-raising programmes for parents and educators to acquire the right skills and competencies, not only to support their children but also to become role models and advocates of a healthy lifestyle while taking care of the well-being of their families.
- Develop online assessment tools that evaluate internet abusing behaviour/addiction (IAB) levels when introducing measures to identify and prevent dependency.
- Create and promote a commission to raise public awareness of the adverse consequences of the IAB while ensuring preventive measures.
- Leibniz University Hannover, Germany
- Parents' Association "Step by Step", Croatia
- Nottingham Trent university
- RIC Novo mesto, Slovenia
- Family and Childcare Center - branch in Skopje, North Macedonia
- A&A EMPHASYS INTERACTIVE SOLUTIONSLtd, Cyprus
- Asserted Knowledge Omorrythmos Etaireia, Greece
05 907 57 11